The symptoms of Dilaudid abuse are often dangerous and can lead to addiction, along with other health complications.
Symptoms of Dilaudid Abuse
Are You Looking for Confidential Help? Available 24/7
Call now for:
- Access to the best rehab centers to overcome addiction
- Financial assistance program that gets you the help you need
- Clear answers to your questions on your road to recovery
When you start using Dilaudid because your doctor prescribes it, it is very simple to miss the symptoms of abuse until it is too late. That is why it is important to recognize the physical, mental, and general symptoms of Dilaudid abuse before it is too late.
Physical Symptoms of Dilaudid Abuse
- Increased tolerance to pain
- Poor Coordination
- Slow breathing
These physical signs are associated with the side effects of Dilaudid. They can lead to the more serious signs of abuse and overdose which are:
- Severe weight loss
- Respiratory failure
- Cardiac arrest
- Bowel death
If you notice any of these signs, it is important to seek treatment immediately.
Mental Symptoms of Dilaudid Abuse
Dilaudid acts on key neurons in the brain. As it does this, it produces some mental issues as well. You might exhibit mental signs of abusing Dilaudid. These signs are:
- Inability to pay attention
- Obsessive behavior
- Mood swings
These behaviors are something that your friends and family will recognize as abnormal. They often result in you losing those who you are close to because of the way that you are acting while you are on Dilaudid.
General Symptoms you are Abusing Dilaudid
- Lack of interest in once loved activities
- Being nervous or snapping at people all the time
- Absence or tardiness at work or school often resulting in job loss or failure
- Missing important events or appointments
- Changes in eating habits
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Secretive behavior
- Spending money that you do not have
- Stealing prescriptions
- Doctor shopping
- Risk taking or poor decision making
- Stealing money or others possessions for money to buy Dilaudid
- Lying to cover your Dilaudid use
- Inability to accept responsibility for your actions while on Dilaudid
- Selling your possessions to buy Dilaudid
- Neglecting rent or bills to purchase Dilaudid
All of these are symptoms of drug abuse and addiction in general as well as Dilaudid abuse.
Finding Treatment for Dilaudid Addiction
Most people, who start using Dilaudid, do so in a medical setting. The addiction develops from there. With over 78 deaths per day attributed to opioid pain medications, you should consider treatment as soon as you recognize the symptoms of abuse. To find a treatment program that will work for you, call 800-407-7195(Who Answers?) . We can help.