Know how to find your spouse the best narcotic addiction treatment for their needs to ensure a successful recovery.
How Can I Help My Spouse Find Narcotic Addiction Treatment?
Are You Looking for Confidential Help? Available 24/7
Call now for:
- Access to the best rehab centers to overcome addiction
- Financial assistance program that gets you the help you need
- Clear answers to your questions on your road to recovery
Professional addiction treatment is the best course of action for your spouse, especially if they have a severe problem with narcotic abuse. Call 800-407-7195(Who Answers?) now to find safe, reliable rehab centers that offer 24-hour services.
Step One: Consider Their Needs
Addiction treatment must cater to the needs of the addict above all else, and according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug abuse.” It is important to make a list of all your spouse’s needs before trying to find the right rehab center to fit them. These can include:
- Medical: Does your spouse have any physical issues for which they may need 24-hour care?
- Psychological: Do they have any co-occurring mental disorders?
- Social: Do they need social training during their care? Do you want to be able to visit them in treatment?
- Vocational: Will they need help finding a job for their post-treatment transition?
- Legal: Have they encountered legal problems associated with their substance abuse?
Their age, gender, culture, and ethnicity could also affect their treatment and should be taken into account when considering their needs. For example, will she need to be at a facility with only female patients? Will they require a Spanish-speaking staff? Once you have all these important aspects together in one list, you can begin to find a rehab center that fits them.
Step Two: Search for Rehab Programs
It can help to ask your spouse’s doctor about their condition and about any possible rehab programs that would be beneficial for them. Their doctor will likely know more about the options available to your spouse and be able to point out which type of treatment program will likely be most effective for them. The most common options include:
It is usually best for someone to begin their recovery in an inpatient facility because this is the most intensive option. We can also help you find the right program for your loved one’s needs.
Step Three: Call the Facility
According to the NIDA, “Successful outcomes often depend on a person’s staying in treatment long enough to reap its full benefits.”
Therefore, when you do find a program, it is important to ensure that it is the best one for your loved one’s needs. Make sure to call the facility and ask the important questions pertaining to your spouse’s needs and treatment, such as:
- How long does the program usually last?
- Will your facility take our insurance plan?
- What treatment options do you offer?
- What aftercare transitional help do you offer?
- What is your program’s success rate with addicts?
- What can my spouse bring to the facility? What can’t they bring?
- How can I stay in touch with them?
If the answers to these questions are satisfactory, then you have found the right facility for your spouse’s narcotic addiction treatment.
Seek Help Now
Your spouse needs to begin their journey of recovery as soon as possible in order to avoid any more consequences associated with their substance abuse. Call 800-407-7195(Who Answers?) now to learn about your options and find the best program for your loved one.