Narcotics.com Behavioral Health Scholarship
$2,250 In College Scholarships To Be Awarded
If you’re looking for honest information related to mental health or drug and alcohol addiction, Narcotics.com is your #1 resource.
The struggle to provide adequate behavioral health services is currently one of the biggest challenges to our healthcare system, and nothing exacerbated the problem more than the COVID-19 pandemic. Experts watched as cases of anxiety, depression, loneliness, and other mental health concerns exploded. And since mental illness and substance abuse often go hand-in-hand, more and more people need behavioral healthcare services.
Recognizing the need for an infusion of new addiction and mental health professionals, Narcotics.com decided to launch a free scholarship contest for college students majoring in Behavioral Health. By providing financial assistance to help pay for books, tuition, or daily expenses, we hope to encourage more students to pursue careers in the areas of behavioral health and addiction-related studies.
How To Enter
- Review Eligibility: Before entering the contest, review the Terms/Conditions requirements and the rules and regulations below to make sure you qualify.
- Complete Application: Complete the contest application form below providing all required information.
- Submit: Once your essay is written, save as a Word Doc or PDF and submit with your scholarship contest application.
Submission Deadline: 1/31/2023
Award Announcement: 2/15/2023
Essay Topic And Guidelines
Essay must be submitted with the application, which should include the author’s name, address, phone number, email address, college (including the date of graduation), and student ID number.
- All entries must be typed, double-spaced, and saved as a Word Doc or PDF.
- Do not add pictures or graphics
- Essays that do not meet the word count requirement will be eliminated. (The essay title or added references / footnotes do not contribute to the total word count.)
- A contestant’s teacher, counselor, or parent may check the essay for punctuation, grammar, and/or spelling, but the essay MUST BE the original work of the student making the submission.
- Contestants will be judged based solely on their essay.
USING YOUR OWN WORDS, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 500-700 WORDS:
- Why did you choose a behavioral health related major?
- Upon entering the workforce, what kind of impact do you hope to have in the behavioral health community?
Rules And Regulations
- Essay must be the original work of the contestant. Plagiarism will automatically disqualify your entry.
- Contest awards and decisions are final unless an entrant is disqualified.
- Essay submissions that do not meet the requirements (listed above) or sent after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Essay award winners grant Narcotics.com the right to use their essay content in connection with this contest, marketing efforts, and publication of the essay, as well as the right to use the winners’ names and/or identifying information to promote the contest.
- Narcotics.com will read and judge each eligible essay submitted on time; essays submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or read.
- Contest prizes (scholarship award monies) can be revoked after awards are given if entrants are discovered to be ineligible or found to have broken contest rules.
- Narcotics.com reserves the right to change submission deadline to an earlier deadline if application submissions greatly exceed the number projected. Prospective applicants should enter as early as possible.
- Should Narcotics.com have to change any contest rules, we will notify participants via email. If participants are dissatisfied with changes, they may retract their submission.
- All federal, state, and local charges or taxes on prizes must be paid by award winners.
- Essay submissions for this contest become property of Narcotics.com to be used and reproduced.
NARCOTICS.COM BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please complete the application form, attach your entry essay in Word doc or PDF format, and submit.
"*" indicates required fields