The help, support, and fellowship that is brought together in Narcotics Anonymous support groups is a strongly helpful force for many people in recovery all around the world.
Where Can I Find Narcotics Anonymous Meetings?
Are You Looking for Confidential Help? Available 24/7
Call now for:
- Access to the best rehab centers to overcome addiction
- Financial assistance program that gets you the help you need
- Clear answers to your questions on your road to recovery
According to a study from the NCBI, “Evidence from multiple lines of research supports the effectiveness and practical importance of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.” Programs like these actually help many recovering substance abusers before, after, and even along with traditional treatment.
Narcotics Anonymous is more focused on the addiction itself rather than a particular drug a person might be addicted to. And because there are “more than 58,000 weekly meetings in 131 countries, including the U.S. and Canada,” it can be easy to find one (USDHHS).
Use the Internet
There are many Internet databases that include information about Narcotics Anonymous meetings. USDHHS, for example, links to the Narcotics Anonymous website where you can find a list of possible meetings close to you. There are also other databases on countless websites that promote Narcotics Anonymous meetings, their locations, and other information. Doing a little research via the Internet should help you find out about the closest meetings and those which can easily fit into your busy schedule.
Since “there are no dues or fees for NA services,” there are also meetings and helplines that can take place online or over the phone, which is especially helpful if you need to talk to someone immediately. Check the website for ways to find these helplines.
There is even an app that allows individuals to find Narcotics Anonymous meetings near them. It is only suggested that individuals verify the information online or by phone as meeting places can sometimes change.
Discussing Your Needs with Others
It could be very beneficial for you as well to discuss the possibility for Narcotics Anonymous meetings with other individuals you might know. For example, some people to ask about local Narcotics Anonymous meetings are:
- Your doctor who will likely have information on possible meetings and other helpful advice
- The medical staff at your local clinic who often recommend support groups like these to individuals and will know of the local possibilities
- The staff at your local community center who may know of a Narcotics Anonymous meeting taking place at their particular facility
- Someone at your local government office who will likely have the information you’re looking for as well as possible information on other free or low-cost treatment options
Where are Narcotics Anonymous Meetings?
According to the USDHHS, the World Services Office for Narcotics Anonymous is in Van Nuys, California. The office also “provides and distributes complimentary group starter kits and NA literature upon request,” which can also often be obtained from doctors, nurses, and other health professionals who can recommend Narcotics Anonymous to patients in need.
Narcotics Anonymous meetings are held almost everywhere and are extremely available, which is one aspect many members like about them. Some places Narcotics Anonymous meetings are often held are:
- Community and outreach centers
- Churches or other buildings of worship
- Outpatient centers
- Correctional facilities
There are many places where meetings are held in your area, and they are readily available and easy to find. Asking around and doing research can help you easily find a Narcotics Anonymous meeting near you.